Thursday 20 November 2014

My Defining Moment


For the past 13 years of my life I have dedicated my spare time into dancing. Not only has dance become a huge part of my life, but so have the people I have met along the way. The people I have met through my dance career influenced me in many ways and have made me who I am today. They are like family and without them I don't know where I would be. Throughout the years I have had to say goodbye to many people whether they were leaving for University or leaving the studio moving onto bigger and better things. The physical aspect of dance allows you to forget about whats happening in your life as you get lost in the movement and music. Over the past 13 years I have shed blood, sweat and tears and that's resulted in wins and losses. But overall, dance has taught me that if you are willing to work for something you love, you are able to achieve it, no matter what gets thrown in your pathway.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you have found dancing to be such a positive influence on your life. Right now, I am struggling with the decision to enrol my daughters in dance. I always wished I had taken dance as a kid, so I don't know if I am just trying to force opportunities onto my daughters that I never got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great conclusion and message, I really heard the emotion in this and enjoyed it a lot!

    ReplyDelete